The Australian Council of Professions has been carefully monitoring and assessing the corona virus (COVID-19) situation since early February.
In these unprecedented and difficult times, our thoughts are with professional associations and their professionals in Australia and around the world. We in particular acknowledge the health professionals around the globe who are working tirelessly to keep us safe and save those of us who are victims of COVID-19.
Fortuitously, ACoP transitioned to a virtual organisation three years ago. Our staff and volunteers all work remotely so avoiding the possibility of any contribution to the spread of COVID-19. All our operational business records are held online with global IT service provider organisations. Your Board therefore has assessed the risks to our continued operation as minimal.
Our CEO Lee Tonitto has converted all scheduled face-to-face meetings with member organisations and stakeholders to tele-meetings and your Board is now considering how to best hold the various sessions and summits planned for later this year. We continue to be passionate about the importance of the Professions, Professionals and Professionalism in these difficult times and are determined to progress our main activities that you have encouraged us to undertake:
- The “Life-Long-Learning/Education and Employability for Australia’s Industry 4.0” Initiative
- The “Principles and Practice of Micro-Credentials” document
- The Review of the DeakinCo “Professionalism and Ethics” Micro-Credential
- Exploring a “Future of Pathways to Professional Standing” Round-Table
- Expanding the “Joint Statement of Principles of Higher-Education Course Accreditation” to the entire higher education sector
We appreciate your continued support and strength during this unprecedented time, as we collectively and collaboratively continue to work with you and other stakeholders on these important topics for the professions and their professionals in our country.
Please contact us on 1300 664 587 or at CEO@Professions.org.au if you have any questions or concerns.