Following its AGM, Professions Australia today announced the composition of its newly elected Board.
Mr Don Larkin, Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, has been elected as the new President taking over from Mr Frank Payne who steps down after two years in the position and will serve as Immediate-Past President.
The AGM also elected the following Board members:
- Senior Vice President: Ms Monica Persson, Audiological Society of Australia
- Junior Vice President: Mr Chris Whennan, Australian Institute of Radiography
- Honorary Treasurer: Ms Bozenna Hinton, Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Board Member: Mr Graham Meyer, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Board Member: Mr Robert Boyd-Boland, Australian Dental Association
Professions Australia would like to thank its outgoing Board member, Dr David Thompson from the Australian Dental Association for his considerable contribution to the Board over many years.
Professions Australia is a national organisation of professional associations. Professionals make up about 20 per cent of the Australian workforce and they play key roles in developing and maintaining the economic, social and environmental well-being of Australia.
Professions Australia’s role is to be the champion for professions in the service of the community and its voice to government by:
- promoting the interests and welfare of the Australian community through the combined influence and expertise of the Professions;
- maintaining and advancing the standards of the Professions consistent with the public interest; and
- promoting and advancing ethical and responsible behaviour to foster community confidence in the integrity of the Professions.
Read the full press release here.
The new Board of Professions Australia (incorporated as the Australian Council of Professions – ACoP) looks forward to continuing to serve its member organisations by promoting, advancing and maintaining the integity and influence of the Professions.