Well-established professions occupy a position of privilege and inclusion in the provision of services and lawmaking machinery of societies. It is a desirable position to which communities of practice aspire, however realising this status presents a dilemma for the entities representing neo-professions, emerging professions, sub-specialisations, occupational groups and para-professions.
In fulfilling our remit to explore this challenge with our Members and invited guests, we are holding a Round-Table on this topic.
The programme is:
- Opening, Introductions, Purpose and Rules of the Round-Table
- The Story so far – Mark Lowy M.Sc MPM MBA, Imm Past President Project Management Institute
- Demystifying Professional Schemes, Advances for Occupational Groups – Roxane Marcell-Shaw, CEO Professional Standards Authority
- The Route to Professionalisation – Dr Ruth Ferraro, Fellow of ARPI GAICD
- Open Discussion on the Topic
- Identifying Points of Consensus
- Next Steps & Close
CEO – Professional Standards Authority
Dr Ruth Ferraro Fellow ARPI GAICD
Mark Lowy M.Sc MPM MBA
Imm. Past President, Project Management Institute
For more information, please contact us on 1300 664 587 or CEO@Professions.org.au.