We are delighted that a further well-regarded leader of a professional accreditation body has joined us in taking our organisation forward in a time when higher education and the accreditation of professional courses is facing ongoing COVID-19 pandemic-related challenges.
We welcome Michael Carpenter BEng(hons) MBA GAICD, CEO of the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council, who joins Lynette Harris M.Ed (Director – Navitas Professional), Dr Ash Jones (Head – ACoP Education & Accreditation Portfolio), Dr Nick Tate FACS CP CEng (Chair – ACoP Strategic Advisory Council) and Mark Lowy M.Sc MPM MBA (Imm. Past President – Project Management Institute, Melbourne) as co-opted members of our leadership team, separate to our elected Directors.
Michael joined APAC as its CEO in September 2017. Prior to that he was the Director of Accreditation at the Australian Dental Council and the Director of Regulation and Review at TEQSA, the Federal Government’s Higher Education Regulator. He has also worked at the British Psychological Society, in international leadership development and management consulting.
Michael’s valuable expertise will assist the Australian Council of Professions in achieving the strategic goals and projects that our Member organisations have recently re-affirmed us to focus on:
- Our “The Road to Recovery: Business and Industry’s Education and Training needs post COVID-19” Research Project
- Our “Life-Long-Learning/Education and Employability for Australia’s Industry 4.0” Initiative
- The “Principles and Practice of Micro-Credentials” White Paper
- Exploring a “Future of Pathways to Professional Standing” ACoP Round-Table
- Expanding the “Principles of Higher-Education Course Accreditation” to the entire higher education sector