The unifying alliance of Professional Associations that represents close to 1 million Australian professionals including engineers, healthcare and computing professionals, veterinarians and accountants.
We are acknowledged by the community, industry and government as the Thought Leaders advocating for the Professions, Professionals and Professionalism since 1971.
Our members are professional associations and supporting organisations who share our mission of advocating for community confidence in all professionals and their evidence-based advice in difficult times. Our thought leadership supports the Professions in the areas of
Education, Accreditation, Micro-Credentials & Employability – Professionalism & Ethics – Diversity, Culture & Inclusion
- IWD 2023 – How is your Report Card?As International Women’s Day continues to be celebrated across the nation this week with an abundance of events, newsletters, speeches, discussions and banners inviting us to either #EmbraceEquity or #CrackTheCode, there is still an insurmountable amount of work that needs to be undertaken in order for Australia to empower impactful diversity and equality across our … Continue reading “IWD 2023 – How is your Report Card?”
- Future of Working Round TableOur Future of Working Roundtable held on 6 December 2022 provided much food for thought and an excellent springboard for further debate, discourse and discussion on this topic in the new year. Our Chief Professionalist, Professor Deen Sanders OAM facilitated this lively session with our expert panel who explored a range of unravelling factors from … Continue reading “Future of Working Round Table”
- Climate Action pre-COP27 Roundtable ReportAction and change are now in the hands of business and professionals. As supporters, adopters and interested parties to the Charter ACoP was delighted to hold a Climate Action Forum pre-COP27 Event on 17 October 2022 which galvanised a panel of esteemed experts into discussing, sharing and planning for COP27. The Roundtable, facilitated by ACoP … Continue reading “Climate Action pre-COP27 Roundtable Report”
- Future of Working – Is the 4-day Work Week the Solution?Debate, discourse and in-depth discussions have been raging around Australia and the world about what the future of working is. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a game-changer turning traditional workplace culture on its head – so professionals and organisations are having to re-think sustainable, inclusive and flexible solutions to their work, workplaces and the broader … Continue reading “Future of Working – Is the 4-day Work Week the Solution?”
- The Professional Fight against Conspiracy TheoriesThe rates of acceptance of fake news, alternative facts and conspiracy theories are at alarmingly high levels. In a study published in the Journal of Social and Political Psychology in 2021, 22% of the Americans surveyed agreed that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by corrupt scientists and politicians, 30% agreed that the dangers of … Continue reading “The Professional Fight against Conspiracy Theories”
- National Summit ‘Creating Australia 2040 – Education & Employability’What is the Society we want to be in 2040 and how do we get there? After three years of disruption and unpredictable devastation, the time came for us to explore and develop a holistic vision and roadmap of what Australia could be in 2040 – a resilient, fair and prosperous society that embraces the … Continue reading “National Summit ‘Creating Australia 2040 – Education & Employability’”
- COVID’s Startling Impact on Architectural Professional PracticeACoP member Association of Consulting Architects (ACA)’s latest Pulse Check survey, its 6th since the pandemic, reveals startling impacts on architectural practices and the wider industry. Building on the previous five Pulse Checks, this survey helps create longitudinal knowledge about the impact of COVID-19 and the architectural profession’s response; from changing working arrangements, skills shortages, a … Continue reading “COVID’s Startling Impact on Architectural Professional Practice”
- 2022 Strategic Review and RefreshOur annual Strategic Review and Refresh Workshop with our Member Organisations and invited guests was held on 16 August 2022 to review recent activities and programs followed by exploring possible priorities for going into 2023.
- NAIDOC Week 2022 – How can Professionals Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!Each July, NAIDOC Week celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The theme for 2022 is a call to ‘Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!‘ As the unifying alliance for Australian professions, ACoP calls on all professionals to acknowledge the significance of indigenous culture in our national heritage and consider how … Continue reading “NAIDOC Week 2022 – How can Professionals Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!”
- Why Professionalism Matters More than Ever!We are delighted to announce the publication of an essential white paper on the importance of professionalism which explores how professional associations and professional services contribute and impact our culture, economics, technology and governments. What is professionalism, how is it faring today and what are the implications for professionals, organisations and institutions as well as … Continue reading “Why Professionalism Matters More than Ever!”
Stay up-to-date with our free ‘Professions and Professionalism‘ e-News: